10 tips on how to reach your goals
So, you’ve determined your vision and wrote out what you plan to achieve. Great! You’re on the right track toward reaching your goals!
You might be thinking, “What’s next?” That’s the easiest part! Wondering how? Well, now that you know what you want, you’ve got to stick to it. Consistency is always key.
Follow these Ten Tips to stay on track with your goals:
- Envision and Document! Really form what you want to achieve in life and then write it out as if you have already achieved it. Make sure your goals are significant to you. They should cause enthusiasm when you think about them. It has been proven that people who write out their goals are ten times more likely to achieve them than those who didn’t. Once you write them out, keep them out where you can see them so they serve as a reminder of what you are working toward.
- Expect Obstacles and Plan to Overcome Them Take some time to think about some of the obstacles you will face and write out plans for overcoming them. Studies have shown that preparing for challenges will increase your ability to stick to your goals. Then, when you hit the bumps in the road, you’ll know exactly what to do and you wont be caught off guard.
- Develop Positive Thinking and Feelings – Think about how you will feel when you finally accomplish your goals. Your goals need to be “wants.” Wants are something you desire. These are your goals, not somebody else’s. It will help you feel more excited for your goals if you know you are doing it for yourself, and yourself only.
- Visualize Success – In order for you to reach it, you need to see yourself reaching your goals. What this does it create room for the Law of Attraction to help in your success. Always keep your eye on the prize. Simply put, the LOA is the ability to attract whatever we are focusing on, into our lives. If you can see it, you can do it!
- Vision Board Creation – Create a vision board of what your goals may look like to you so you can be reminded of how close you are to reaching them. Even something as simple as using your computer screen as a vision board by having images that inspire you toward your goals.
- Get Support – Join a support group! Or, create your own group! There are even ways to enlist others to help you and report your progress. Reporting your progress to friends, or a support system, increases your odds of staying on track of, and accomplishing, your goals!
- Forgive Yourself and Learn to Let it Go – If you take two steps back, it is okay. It’s bound to happen from time to time. One off day, or off week, is not going ruin your success – unless you let it. Researchers call it the “What the Hell” You should always plan for obstacles and how you’ll get back on track as part of your “Expect Obstacles and Plan to Overcome Them” plan.
- Track Your Progress – Keep track of how you are doing. It’s important to know how far you have come to be able to see any type of progress.
- Routines to Help Set Yourself Up for Success– Try to stay on track with doing things that will help you reach your goal. It is best to schedule them in the first part of your day to ensure they do actually get done. If you begin to fall behind on your routines, it is okay – the important part if to get back into the rhythm of things sooner than later.
- Celebrate Little Successes Along the Way – Reward yourself for wins along the way. This is another good reason to track your progress! Big goals can have mini-goals or activities along the way and you should always celebrate your accomplishments. Remember, you are working toward your goals to make your life better. That’s a cause for celebration!
These 10 tips are available to help increase your chance of success and make the process more fun for you! Give yourself sometime to create your goals and don’t try to rush the process. Enjoy it.
Remember: slow and steady, you’ll win the race!